I've always been drawn to face masks. Especially right before that time of the month when my skin starts acting up completely and it's basically like "hey girl, help me out plz," to which i respond, i got you like Beyonce got us all fooled with her lemonade release.
Speaking of lemons, let's do a face mask with lemons!
Ingredients and benefits:
Natural Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be very harsh from some types of skin, but the overall skin clearing, brightening and toning effects are so beneficial, that it very recommended in selective doses.
Egg Whites: Egg whites help to shrink your pores using the natural astringent properties it carries. Because of the protein and collagen they carry, they also help improve skin tone and elasticity.
Cucumber: Cucumber contains many antioxidant properties within its nature that help reduce water retention in the skin while leaving a rejuvenated sensation by reducing irritation.
- Place the cucumber into a food processor to reduce it to very small sizes. I put mine in the nutri-bullet and then mashed it a bit more after. Be sure to separate two cucumber slabs for the eyes ;)
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl and add lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients in one bowl and mix.
- Generously apply mixture to face in an upwards motion
- Lay down and place cucumber slices on eye lids for ultimate relaxation.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes or until dry/tight.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry